- Open any installed office application such as word, excel, etc.
- After you have opened it, click ‘Accept’ on the license agreement
- Office activation wizard window will appear asking you to log in.
- Once you have logged in with your Microsoft Account, it will ask for your MS Office Product Key.
- Type in the product key that you have. (without hyphen)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate Microsoft Office Setup.
How and where to enter MS office product key?
Irrespective of the source from where you purchase the MS Office setup what matters is that you save & secure the product key for future use. Otherwise, you can also log in with your Microsoft account through which you have earlier made use of the product key. There your product key is automatically saved.
- There are two areas where you need to enter the MS office setup product key.
- First, after the sign up process on office.com/setup, you will be asked to enter the product key to download MS office software.
- Enter the office key there without a hyphen if you already have the product key. Otherwise, you need to purchase the software to get the product key.
- Another area, where you will require to enter the product key is when you have downloaded MS Office setup and installed all the applications.
- Once the application is installed open any application (word, excel, or any other)
- A license agreement will pop up, click on ACCEPT
- Office activation wizard will open up asking for the product key. Enter the product key without any hyphen.
- Done! You are all set to work on the applications.